Why people need a Health Coach
A personal Health Coach may seem like a luxury or something that only movie stars and celebrities indulge in. But if you are serious about living healthier, finding the right health coach could give you just the boost you need to achieve your goals.
People tend to hire health coaches to help them with a wide variety of health issues, such as weight loss, stress reduction, the management of chronic conditions, improving diet and exercise, addiction, and adjusting to a life-altering health event, like a heart attack.
If you’re ready to make lifestyle changes, a health coach can mean the difference between backsliding and lasting results. Unlike personal trainers, who mostly focus on exercise, personal health coaches cover all aspects of fitness — physical, mental and emotional.
The coaching process is similar to talk therapy in that it involves two people discussing ideas and issues, but it is different in that the person who is being coached is in the driver’s seat, creating their goals as well as the strategies on how to arrive at these goals.
Unlike health fads that come and go, health coaching has strong evidence behind it backing its effectiveness for improving health and well-being.
Whether you’re embarking on a total lifestyle overhaul or simply want to tweak what’s already working, a health coach can increase your chances of success. Here are some signs that you might benefit from the help of a health coach:
- You don’t feel as healthy as you would like. Consulting your doctor and partnering with a health coach can give you a fresh perspective on your personal health and well-being. A health coach can help you make sustainable adjustments that have a major effect on your health.
- You can’t stick to your health goals. A health coach can help you better structure your life to more easily meet your goals — whether you want to control your chocolate cravings or stay with a workout routine. With regular check-ins, you’ll feel more accountable and supported in your journey to better health.
- You’ve tried every diet, and you’re tired of regaining the weight. If you’ve been on every diet imaginable, and you’re feeling discouraged, a health coach can help you figure out what’s not working, and why. Maintaining a healthy weight is about more than what you eat. Your health coach can help you shed unwanted pounds by looking at all the lifestyle challenges that may be keeping you from success.
- You want to eat better but don’t know where to begin. Diets come and go, and many promise a lifetime of good health. A health coach is trained in dozens of dietary theories and can guide you toward an eating plan that nourishes body, mind and spirit.
- You want to be a good role model for healthy living. Of course, your priority is to establish your own healthy habits. And when that happens, you’ll inspire people around you – in your family, at work and in your community.
- You need someone on your side. If you’ve ever surfed the internet for answers to health questions — and ended up more confused than ever — a health coach may be your answer. She can help you sort fact from fiction and create an approach that’s just right for you. Health coaches are trained to be supportive and encouraging. And they can help you achieve more than you could on your own.
If you think a health coach may be right for you, contact us for a FREE consultation.
Error: Contact form not found.